March 5, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Way to fly: Sea-Tac nabs top spot for on-time departures
Sea-Tac Airport is doing something really right. It’s taken the top spot for on-time departures among the world’s busiest airports for the month of February with 91.18 percent of flights departing on time, according to FlightStats.
How good was Sea-Tac’s grade? Very good. The average on-time departure performance among the top 35 international airports in February was 73.29 percent, down slightly from January’s rate of 74.73 percent, said Flight Stats, a global airline tracking website.
By the numbers (and, yes, 8 of these top 10 airports are in the U.S.):
1. Seattle (SEA ) 91.18 percent
2. Tokyo (HND) 90.83 percent
3. Phoenix (PHX) 87.66 percent
4. Los Angeles (LAX) 85.27 percent
5. San Francisco (SFO) 84.28 percent
6. Atlanta (ATL) 84.19 percent
7. Charlotte (CLT) 83.99 percent
8. Las Vegas (LAS) 83.19 percent
9. Amsterdam (AMS) 83.09 percent
10. Minneapolis (MSP) 82.70 percent
See FlightStats’ full February on time performance report, for U.S. and international airlines and airports.
Trending with readers