Washington state’s Olympic National Park, with 2.8 million visitors in 2012, was the seventh most-visited national park in the United States last year, according to new statistics from the National Park Service.
Here’s the park service’s Top 10 list (out of 59 national parks) and the number of visitors to each:
America’s most-visited national parks (2012)
1. Great Smoky Mountains National Park…9,685,829
2. Grand Canyon National Park…4,421,352
3. Yosemite National Park…3,853,404
4. Yellowstone National Park…3,447,729
5. Rocky Mountain National Park…3,229,617
6. Zion National Park…2,973,607
7. Olympic National Park…2,824,908
8. Grand Teton National Park…2,705,256
9. Acadia National Park…2,431,052
10. Cuyahoga Valley National Park…2,299,722
By way of comparison, Washington’s Mount Rainier National Park reported 1.54 million visitors in 2012.