July 17, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Rewind: Live chat on proposed arena with Chris Hansen and Dave Gering
The man behind the proposal for a Sodo arena and an opponent to the proposal took comments from readers in a live chat on Thursday.
Participating in the chat were:
• Chris Hansen, the San Francisco-based managing partner of Valiant Capital. Hansen grew up in Seattle and graduated from Roosevelt High School. He wants to build the new arena in the Sodo neighborhood of Seattle.
• Dave Gering, executive director of the Manufacturing Industrial Council of Seattle (MIC). The MIC is a non-profit group that represents Seattle area industrial firms. The MIC has worked on a variety of transportation issues in Sodo for the past 15 years.
The chat was co-moderated by Lynn Thompson, Times City Hall reporter, and Joni Balter, Times assistant political editor.
Need to catch up on the proposal? You can find recent arena articles and columns here.
- KING 5 poll: McGinn, Murray and Steinbrueck lead tight race for mayor
- Gun-control group putting ads on Metro Transit buses
- Tim Burgess quits Seattle mayor’s race
- Washington tea party group says it was among those targeted by IRS
- State Senate panel OK’s changes to DUI laws
About this blog
Trending with readers