August 14, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Chat about marijuana legalization Monday at noon
Join representatives from two sides of the marijuana legalization debate next Monday, Aug. 20, at noon, to talk about the pros and cons of Initiative 502, moderated by The Seattle Times political team. I-502 is on the November ballot. It would legalize, regulate and tax recreational marijuana use.
Participants include Alison Holcomb, drug policy director for the ACLU of Washington, currently on loan to the I-502 campaign.
She has served on the King County Bar Association’s Drug Policy Project, and the Seattle City Council’s Marijuana Policy Review Panel and Jail Capacity Study Advisory Group.
Also joining us is Kevin Sabet, the former senior adviser to Director Gil Kerlikowske (former chief of Seattle police) of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy. Sabet is currently an assistant professor in the College of Medicine at the University of Florida and a senior consultant to the UN and grassroots organizations.
- Anti-DUI work group: Yes to random checkpoints, no to alcohol bans
- Pedersen likely to fill Murray’s state Senate seat; Walkinshaw in line for House
- Murray heads off to mayor’s school
- Pro-coal alliance fires spokeswoman after hot mic incident
- Huge win for Seattle council districts; narrow loss for public financing
About this blog
Trending with readers