August 22, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Dinner with Dan — Savage. Topics: gay marriage, the Bible, LGBT children
The Stranger’s Dan Savage, columnist for Seattle’s alt newspaper, has never been one to shy away from daring or even awkward conversations or bold stances on issues. Last week, Savage held a fascinating dinnertime debate in his dining room with, of all people, Brian Brown, president of the National Organization for Marriage. A video of the debate is posted on YouTube.
NOM, needless to say, opposes gay marriage. The meeting between Savage and Brown originated months ago after a high school journalism convention where Savage spoke. It’s lengthy, it delves into the Bible, gay marriage, lesbian and gay children, and it’s a civilized discussion. If you have some time, listen in to the “Dinner Table Debate.”
The event was moderated by Mark Oppenheimer, writer, who penned his own sort of recap of the evening.
- Sen. Patty Murray: Budget deal will restore public trust in Congress
- State Senate majority plans to pick up where it left off last session
- Gov. Jay Inslee named finance chair for Democratic Governors Association
- State climate panel melts down
- Anti-DUI work group: Yes to random checkpoints, no to alcohol bans
About this blog
Trending with readers