August 24, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Costco co-founder Jim Sinegal to speak at Democratic National Convention
Costco co-founder and former CEO Jim Sinegal will speak at the upcoming Democratic National Convention.
Sinegal, who retired as CEO in January, was named a convention speaker Friday along with CarMax co-founder Austin Ligon. The pair of business leaders will “make the case for why President Barack Obama should keep command of the U.S. economy,” according to a Democratic official quoted by The Associated Press.
Sinegal is a major Democratic donor and hosted Obama for a fundraiser at his Hunts Point home in June.
The Democratic convention runs Sept. 4-6 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Other DNC speakers named Friday include Los Angeles Mayor (and convention chairman) Antonio Villaraigosa, Newark Mayor Cory Booker, and former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm. The exact date and time of Sinegal’s speech was not immediately announced.
The Democratic convention follows the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida from Aug. 27-30.
- State climate panel melts down
- Anti-DUI work group: Yes to random checkpoints, no to alcohol bans
- Pedersen likely to fill Murray’s state Senate seat; Walkinshaw in line for House
- Murray heads off to mayor’s school
- Pro-coal alliance fires spokeswoman after hot mic incident
About this blog
Trending with readers