August 29, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Democratic Governors Association contributes another $800,000 to back Jay Inslee
The Democratic Governors Association recently dumped another $800,000 into the labor-backed, political-action committee, Our Washington.
The group, which backs Democratic gubernatorial candidate Jay Inslee, has raised $4.2 million overall and reserved large chunks of television air time for the final weeks of the election.
The Aug. 22 donation brings the DGA’s total contributions to about $2 million. Other large contributions this month include $250,000 from the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees and $250,000 from the National Education Association.
The Republican Governors Association has created a political action committee of its own to support GOP gubernatorial candidate Rob McKenna. The PAC has raised a little over $4 million, all from the RGA.
State Public Disclosure Commission reports show McKenna’s gubernatorial campaign has raised about $8.2 million compared to $7.8 million for Inslee, who has gotten more than $1 million in donations from the state Democratic Party. New reports detailing how much cash the candidates still have on hand will be released Sept. 10.
- Anti-DUI work group: Yes to random checkpoints, no to alcohol bans
- Pedersen likely to fill Murray’s state Senate seat; Walkinshaw in line for House
- Murray heads off to mayor’s school
- Pro-coal alliance fires spokeswoman after hot mic incident
- Huge win for Seattle council districts; narrow loss for public financing
About this blog
Trending with readers