September 4, 2012 at 12:04 PM
McKenna won’t appear with Paul Ryan Sept. 10
GOP gubernatorial candidate Rob McKenna says he’ll be at a fundraiser in Moses Lake when Republican vice-presidential nominee Paul Ryan attends a pair of fundraisers in the Seattle area on Sept. 10.
Republicans are planning a $1,000-a-person event and a more exclusive $25,000-per-person “limited special event” with Ryan.
“I have a major fundraiser in Moses Lake,” McKenna said when asked about Ryan’s visit during a conference call with reporters. “It’s been on the calendar for a couple of months. So I will be in Moses Lake for that period of time when he is up here in the Seattle area.”
Democrats have tried to link McKenna to the national Republican leaders and their views on certain budget and social issues. McKenna in the past has praised Ryan’s perspective on the federal budget.
- 25,000 Washington residents to lose unemployment benefits this month
- Ed Murray names deputies, other high-profile hires
- Gun-rights groups dominate in money to state’s politicians
- Sen. Patty Murray: Budget deal will restore public trust in Congress
- State Senate majority plans to pick up where it left off last session
About this blog
Trending with readers