October 7, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Join us for our many live chats this month
October is a very busy month for debates and live chats.
The Seattle Times politics team is in mega high gear. The following chats are coming to you live on seattletimes.com.
Gubernatorial debate, Oct. 11.– We will live-chat the debate between Republican Rob McKenna and Democrat Jay Inslee, hosted by the unprecedented partnership of KCPQ, KING, KIRO, KOMO, and NWCN, from 9 to 10 p.m. Join us on seattletimes.com for a discussion — in real time.
Doubleheader presidential and gubernatorial debate, Oct. 16, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. With us that evening will be Mark A. Smith, associate professor of political science at the University of Washington. And you, the readers.
Pot talk, marijuana live chat Oct. 17, noon to 1 p.m. — Guests include former U.S. Attorney John McKay, who favors Initiative 502 and Derek Franklin, an expert on substance abuse.
Charter schools, live chat, Oct. 18, noon — Shannon Campion, speaking for Initiative 1240, and an opponent to be named later from the no campaign.
Presidential debate, Oct. 22 — 6 to 7:30 p.m. More live chatting on the last presidential debate of the season.
- Anti-DUI work group: Yes to random checkpoints, no to alcohol bans
- Pedersen likely to fill Murray’s state Senate seat; Walkinshaw in line for House
- Murray heads off to mayor’s school
- Pro-coal alliance fires spokeswoman after hot mic incident
- Huge win for Seattle council districts; narrow loss for public financing
About this blog
Trending with readers