October 9, 2012 at 3:35 PM
Rob McKenna, dancing ‘Gangnam Style’
Much is asked of politicians running for high office. One must kiss babies, sample the local fried foods, maybe visit a thousand retirement homes.
And in 2012, you might be required to dance, “Gangnam Style.” (If you’ve been avoiding the nearly inescapable Internet meme, that refers to the wildly popular synth pop song and dance by South Korean rapper, PSY.)
Here is video of Washington State Attorney General and Republican gubernatorial candidate, Rob McKenna, doing the Gangnam Style dance last Saturday at a Global Korean Day Celebration at the International District Community Center (along with his wife, Marilyn McKenna).
“12-year-old son just offered me $10 never to do this again. He’s no fun,” Marilyn McKenna tweeted Tuesday.
And for reference, here is the original “Gangnam Style” video that has received more than 415 million views on YouTube:
- KING 5 poll: McGinn, Murray and Steinbrueck lead tight race for mayor
- Gun-control group putting ads on Metro Transit buses
- Tim Burgess quits Seattle mayor’s race
- Washington tea party group says it was among those targeted by IRS
- State Senate panel OK’s changes to DUI laws
About this blog
Trending with readers