October 16, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Republican Governor’s Association now in for $11.3 million for Rob McKenna
One day after reporting $1.25 million more in their independent campaign in support of Rob McKenna, the Republican Governor’s Association on Tuesday announced another nearly $3 million.
The RGA, a national group funded by party loyalists like the billionaire brothers Charles and David Koch, has now put $11.38 million to support McKenna against his Democratic opponent, Jay Inslee.
That dwarfes the $7.9 million raised by Our Washington, a coalition of the Democratic Governor’s Association and labor groups supporting Inslee.
By law, the independent groups are not allowed to coordinate with the campaigns, which have each raised about $10 million. The independent groups so far have spent most of their money on negative advertising against the opponent of their preferred candidate.
- Sen. Patty Murray: Budget deal will restore public trust in Congress
- State Senate majority plans to pick up where it left off last session
- Gov. Jay Inslee named finance chair for Democratic Governors Association
- State climate panel melts down
- Anti-DUI work group: Yes to random checkpoints, no to alcohol bans
About this blog
Trending with readers