October 16, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Republican Governor’s Association now in for $11.3 million for Rob McKenna
One day after reporting $1.25 million more in their independent campaign in support of Rob McKenna, the Republican Governor’s Association on Tuesday announced another nearly $3 million.
The RGA, a national group funded by party loyalists like the billionaire brothers Charles and David Koch, has now put $11.38 million to support McKenna against his Democratic opponent, Jay Inslee.
That dwarfes the $7.9 million raised by Our Washington, a coalition of the Democratic Governor’s Association and labor groups supporting Inslee.
By law, the independent groups are not allowed to coordinate with the campaigns, which have each raised about $10 million. The independent groups so far have spent most of their money on negative advertising against the opponent of their preferred candidate.
- Gun-control group putting ads on Metro Transit buses
- Tim Burgess quits Seattle mayor’s race
- Washington tea party group says it was among those targeted by IRS
- State Senate panel OK’s changes to DUI laws
- Mayoral candidates have money, bow ties
About this blog
Trending with readers