October 23, 2012 at 6:00 AM
Sarah Palin’s PAC gives $5,000 to Koster
Republican John Koster, a candidate for Congress in the 1st District, received a $5,000 contribution from SarahPAC, the political organization headed by Sarah Palin. Koster is in a tight race with Democrat Suzan DelBene to represent the 1st District, a newly drawn swing district that runs from Redmond to the Canadian border.
Palin endorsed Koster in 2010, when he ran against Democrat Rick Larsen.
Koster’s far-right tea party ties have been a major talking point for the DelBene campaign, which has branded Koster “too extreme” for the 1st District. Koster’s campaign says DelBene is too liberal. For his part, Koster says he has been advocating for the tea party principals of smaller government and less taxation for decades, though he didn’t join the tea party. “They joined me,” he has said.
- State climate panel melts down
- Anti-DUI work group: Yes to random checkpoints, no to alcohol bans
- Pedersen likely to fill Murray’s state Senate seat; Walkinshaw in line for House
- Murray heads off to mayor’s school
- Pro-coal alliance fires spokeswoman after hot mic incident
About this blog
Trending with readers