October 23, 2012 at 6:00 AM
Sarah Palin’s PAC gives $5,000 to Koster
Republican John Koster, a candidate for Congress in the 1st District, received a $5,000 contribution from SarahPAC, the political organization headed by Sarah Palin. Koster is in a tight race with Democrat Suzan DelBene to represent the 1st District, a newly drawn swing district that runs from Redmond to the Canadian border.
Palin endorsed Koster in 2010, when he ran against Democrat Rick Larsen.
Koster’s far-right tea party ties have been a major talking point for the DelBene campaign, which has branded Koster “too extreme” for the 1st District. Koster’s campaign says DelBene is too liberal. For his part, Koster says he has been advocating for the tea party principals of smaller government and less taxation for decades, though he didn’t join the tea party. “They joined me,” he has said.
- Gun-control group putting ads on Metro Transit buses
- Tim Burgess quits Seattle mayor’s race
- Washington tea party group says it was among those targeted by IRS
- State Senate panel OK’s changes to DUI laws
- Mayoral candidates have money, bow ties
About this blog
Trending with readers