November 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Can pot supporters wait ’til Dec. 6?
Initiative 502 campaign manager Alison Holcomb brought a cheer from the proponents of pot legalization when she made the obvious point to the crowd in a Belltown hotel: As of Dec. 6, adults 21 and older may legally possess an ounce of pot.
“May I remind you, however, that I said Dec. 6,” she said. “Proceed at your own risk.”
The law only applies to Washington law enforcement, she added. “National parks? Military bases? No, don’t.”
In the lobby of the hotel, though, Holcomb’s words didn’t mean much.
“You smoke ganja, man?” one I-502 supporter asked another.
“Here,” he said, handing him a small plastic packet.
- State climate panel melts down
- Anti-DUI work group: Yes to random checkpoints, no to alcohol bans
- Pedersen likely to fill Murray’s state Senate seat; Walkinshaw in line for House
- Murray heads off to mayor’s school
- Pro-coal alliance fires spokeswoman after hot mic incident
About this blog
Trending with readers