November 6, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Marijuana initiative shreds the Cascade Curtain
Washington state has found an issue that makes mincemeat of the famed Cascade Curtain: marijuana.
Unlike many Northwest issues, the vote on Iniatitve-502 did not break along traditional east-west lines. Instead, weirdly, it broke along a north-south axis.
Voters across the northern half of the state seemed supported the pot initiative, while counties to the south (with the exception of Skamania) voted it down.
Hardly the typical Washington voting map.
- Ed Murray names deputies, other high-profile hires
- Gun-rights groups dominate in money to state’s politicians
- Sen. Patty Murray: Budget deal will restore public trust in Congress
- State Senate majority plans to pick up where it left off last session
- Gov. Jay Inslee named finance chair for Democratic Governors Association
About this blog
Trending with readers