November 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Reichert: Easy winner, tough job ahead
One of Tuesday’s easy winners was U.S. Rep. Dave Reichert, R-Auburn, beneficiary of a much friendlier district courtesy of redistricting.
But Reichert chose to speak of battles, and battles to come, when he addressed Republicans at their election party in Bellevue.
“It is easy today,” he said, “but it was a tough road to get here.”
He hearkened back to closely contested races with Democrats Dave Ross, Darcy Burner and Suzan DelBene in his old district, and spoke of protests and occupations at his D.C. office, even assaults on his staff.
Then he look ahead to battles to come, with a Democratic President, Democratic Senate and Republican House. “This is gonna be a tough job again,” Reichert said.
- 25,000 Washington residents to lose unemployment benefits this month
- Ed Murray names deputies, other high-profile hires
- Gun-rights groups dominate in money to state’s politicians
- Sen. Patty Murray: Budget deal will restore public trust in Congress
- State Senate majority plans to pick up where it left off last session
About this blog
Trending with readers