November 6, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Wilbur: Washington is libertarian, neither right nor left
State Republican Party Chairman Kirby Wilbur looked at the returns on gay marriage and pot legalization and said he believed Washington was more libertarian than either left or right leaning.
He remained optimistic that McKenna could win. “If I got a governor, that’s not bad.
“We have always been a socially liberal state. It’s tough for Republicans in this state, but it has been tough for a long time. Rob is the most qualified candidate for governor we have had in a long time. There is something so negative, people just won’t vote for Republicans even with qualified candidates.”
Wilbur noted that the incipient recovery of the economy also didn’t help a candidate trying to win on an economic message.
- 25,000 Washington residents to lose unemployment benefits this month
- Ed Murray names deputies, other high-profile hires
- Gun-rights groups dominate in money to state’s politicians
- Sen. Patty Murray: Budget deal will restore public trust in Congress
- State Senate majority plans to pick up where it left off last session
About this blog
Trending with readers