November 7, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Baby calling Reagan and Paige Dunn
Republican candidate for attorney general Reagan Dunn had quite an election night.
His wife, Paige Green Dunn, due to deliver a baby girl any day now, grabbed him while he was doing a TV interview at the Bellevue Hyatt gathering for Republicans Tuesday night.
“She was having contractions,” Reagan Dunn said. “If she had more, we would’ve gone to the hospital.”
Instead, the contractions subsided. His wife is fine, he said, and resting at home. She is scheduled for a C-section on Nov. 13.
Dave Ammons, the longtime dean of the state capitol press corps and now spokesman for Secretary of State Sam Reed, said he couldn’t recall a candidate or candidate’s spouse who went into labor on election night.
Reagan Dunn was trailing Bob Ferguson, his opponent in the attorney general’s race, by six percentage points after Tuesday’s incomplete results.
He said victory seems unlikely, but he wants to wait to see what Wednesday afternoon’s vote counts reveal.
“I don’t think it’s likely we’ll be able to pull it out,” he said. “But I owe it to wait for one more batch of returns before I make any kind of phone call” about conceding to Ferguson.
- Anti-DUI work group: Yes to random checkpoints, no to alcohol bans
- Pedersen likely to fill Murray’s state Senate seat; Walkinshaw in line for House
- Murray heads off to mayor’s school
- Pro-coal alliance fires spokeswoman after hot mic incident
- Huge win for Seattle council districts; narrow loss for public financing
About this blog
Trending with readers