November 7, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Same-sex marriage campaign declares victory
Washington United for Marriage, the campaign seeking to legalize same-sex marriage in our state, has crunched the numbers and is declaring victory in Tuesday night’s election for Referendum 74.
With hundreds of thousands of ballots still to be counted, the measure is currently ahead 52 to 48.
Meanwhile, the opposing campaign, Preserve Marriage Washington, is urging caution. The Seattle Times has yet to call this race.
- Anti-DUI work group: Yes to random checkpoints, no to alcohol bans
- Pedersen likely to fill Murray’s state Senate seat; Walkinshaw in line for House
- Murray heads off to mayor’s school
- Pro-coal alliance fires spokeswoman after hot mic incident
- Huge win for Seattle council districts; narrow loss for public financing
About this blog
Trending with readers