January 16, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Inauguration day: Jay Inslee to become Washington’s 23rd governor
Nothing can galvanize a capital city quite like an inauguration, and incoming Gov. Jay Inslee’s should be no exception. Join us for live video from TVW and a live chat beginning at 10:15 a.m. for the swearing in and back again at 11:30 a.m. for the inaugural speech.
The longtime Democratic congressman will become Washington state’s 23rd governor later this morning as part of a day of ceremonies that will start with a swearing-in in the Capitol and end with a toast at the inaugural ball.
In between, Inslee is scheduled to deliver a speech to lawmakers and play basketball (yes, seriously).
- State climate panel melts down
- Anti-DUI work group: Yes to random checkpoints, no to alcohol bans
- Pedersen likely to fill Murray’s state Senate seat; Walkinshaw in line for House
- Murray heads off to mayor’s school
- Pro-coal alliance fires spokeswoman after hot mic incident
About this blog
Trending with readers