February 12, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Gov. Inslee to announce jobs package on Wednesday
Gov. Jay Inslee is expected to release his “Washington Jobs Agenda” on Wednesday afternoon, something he campaigned on heavily during the election.
A news release sent out by his office said the governor will roll out “legislative proposals to create and sustain a thriving economic climate.”
The governor’s office introduced three measures on Tuesday:
• House Bill 1866 “Concerning the joint center for aerospace technology innovation;”
• House Bill 1871 “Concerning integrated career learning opportunities and employment training for at-risk youth;”
• House Bill 1872 “Establishing a comprehensive initiative to increase learning opportunities and improve educational outcomes in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics through multiple strategies and statewide partnerships.”
Inslee’s office wasn’t willing to say much more than what you can read in the bill titles, except that the aerospace legislation keeps alive the Joint Center for Aerospace Technology Innovation. And the STEM bill does several things, including requiring first-ever benchmarks for schools.
- Ed Murray names deputies, other high-profile hires
- Gun-rights groups dominate in money to state’s politicians
- Sen. Patty Murray: Budget deal will restore public trust in Congress
- State Senate majority plans to pick up where it left off last session
- Gov. Jay Inslee named finance chair for Democratic Governors Association
About this blog
Trending with readers