March 12, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Inslee appoints Agriculture, Early Learning and Health directors
Gov. Jay Inslee on Tuesday announced new directors for the state departments of Agriculture, Early Learning and Health.
Bud Hover, an Okanogan rancher, will become the director of the Department of Agriculture. Hover is a former Okanogan County Commissioner and runs a 2,300-acre hay and cattle ranch in Winthrop.
Inslee reappointed Bette Hyde to continue as director of the state’s Department of Early Learning. Hyde has run the agency since 2009.
In addition, the governor appointed John Wiesman to run the Department of Health, replacing Mary Selecky, who is retiring. Wiesman is currently public health director for Clark County Public Health and on the board of the National Association of County and City Health Officials.
Inslee has six remaining cabinet appointments to make, including Human Resources and the state Department of Licensing.
- Sen. Patty Murray: Budget deal will restore public trust in Congress
- State Senate majority plans to pick up where it left off last session
- Gov. Jay Inslee named finance chair for Democratic Governors Association
- State climate panel melts down
- Anti-DUI work group: Yes to random checkpoints, no to alcohol bans
About this blog
Trending with readers