March 12, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Inslee appoints Agriculture, Early Learning and Health directors
Gov. Jay Inslee on Tuesday announced new directors for the state departments of Agriculture, Early Learning and Health.
Bud Hover, an Okanogan rancher, will become the director of the Department of Agriculture. Hover is a former Okanogan County Commissioner and runs a 2,300-acre hay and cattle ranch in Winthrop.
Inslee reappointed Bette Hyde to continue as director of the state’s Department of Early Learning. Hyde has run the agency since 2009.
In addition, the governor appointed John Wiesman to run the Department of Health, replacing Mary Selecky, who is retiring. Wiesman is currently public health director for Clark County Public Health and on the board of the National Association of County and City Health Officials.
Inslee has six remaining cabinet appointments to make, including Human Resources and the state Department of Licensing.
- KING 5 poll: McGinn, Murray and Steinbrueck lead tight race for mayor
- Gun-control group putting ads on Metro Transit buses
- Tim Burgess quits Seattle mayor’s race
- Washington tea party group says it was among those targeted by IRS
- State Senate panel OK’s changes to DUI laws
About this blog
Trending with readers