March 21, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Play our interactive state budget game
Cut spending? Increase taxes? Some of each? Here’s your chance to take a swing at balancing the state budget.
We’ve created an interactive budget game that lets you pick from dozens of potential budget cuts and tax increases to balance the budget and find more money for education.
The next two-year state budget faces up to a $1.3 billion shortfall. On top of that, the Washington Supreme Court says lawmakers need to beef up K-12 schools spending to meet the constitutional obligation to educate all children.
So step into the lawmakers’ shoes, and then use the polls below to let us know how you did.
- 25,000 Washington residents to lose unemployment benefits this month
- Ed Murray names deputies, other high-profile hires
- Gun-rights groups dominate in money to state’s politicians
- Sen. Patty Murray: Budget deal will restore public trust in Congress
- State Senate majority plans to pick up where it left off last session
About this blog
Trending with readers