March 27, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Gov. Inslee to release budget proposal on Thursday
Gov. Jay Inslee will get the first word on the state budget. He’s scheduled an 11 a.m. news conference on Thursday to unveil his budget priorities.
The GOP-led majority caucus in the Senate has not set a date yet for releasing its budget. House Democrats are expected to release their proposal after the Senate.
Inslee has said in the past that he will not release a full budget, but will address his take on how to close the budget shortfall projected at up to $1.3 billion and pump more money into education as required by the state Supreme Court.
The governor also has indicated he plans to propose closing tax breaks as a way to raise additional revenue.
- Anti-DUI work group: Yes to random checkpoints, no to alcohol bans
- Pedersen likely to fill Murray’s state Senate seat; Walkinshaw in line for House
- Murray heads off to mayor’s school
- Pro-coal alliance fires spokeswoman after hot mic incident
- Huge win for Seattle council districts; narrow loss for public financing
About this blog
Trending with readers