March 27, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Port of Seattle commission selects finalists for Holland’s seat
The Port of Seattle Commission has selected seven finalists for an open position left when Rob Holland resigned earlier this month.
Four of the finalists were previously finalists for a seat recently filled by Commissioner Courtney Gregoire. Gregoire replaced former commissioner Gael Tarleton, who was elected to the state House of Representatives in November.
The finalists for Holland’s seat were chosen from 27 applicants. They will participate in a public forum moderated by KUOW’s Steve Scher at 6 p.m. April 2 at the port’s Pier 69 Headquarters, 2711 Alaskan Way, Seattle.
The finalists are:
– Stephanie Bowman of Seattle, a former manager of Federal Government Affairs at the Port of Tacoma who ran for the state House of Representatives last year in the 11th District.
– Darrell E. Bryan of Seattle, President and Chief Executive Officer of Clipper Navigation.
– Claudia Kauffman of Kent, a former state Senator representing the 47th District and Intergovernmental Affairs Liaison for the Muckleshoot Tribe.
– Randy Loomans of Seattle, the Director of Government Relations for the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 302.
– Vicki Orrico of Bellevue, a consultant and member of the Bellevue College Board of Trustees.
– Keith Scully of Shoreline, an attorney, a member of the City of Shoreline Planning Commission and former legal director for Futurewise.
– Nancy E. Wyatt of Kent, the President/CEO of the Auburn Area Chamber of Commerce and former President/CEO of the Covington Chamber of Commerce.
- State climate panel melts down
- Anti-DUI work group: Yes to random checkpoints, no to alcohol bans
- Pedersen likely to fill Murray’s state Senate seat; Walkinshaw in line for House
- Murray heads off to mayor’s school
- Pro-coal alliance fires spokeswoman after hot mic incident
About this blog
Trending with readers