March 28, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Inslee to talk taxes and spending this morning
Gov. Jay Inslee will meet with reporters at 11 a.m. Thursday to discuss how he intends to close the state’s budget shortfall — projected at up to $1.3 billion — and boost education spending as ordered by the state Supreme Court.
Watch the governor’s presentation live on TVW, and come back to seattletimes.com for details and anaylsis from Olympia reporter Andrew Garber as the event gets started.
The GOP-led majority in the Senate will issue its budget in the coming days, followed by House Democrats. The legislative session is to run through the end of April.
- 25,000 Washington residents to lose unemployment benefits this month
- Ed Murray names deputies, other high-profile hires
- Gun-rights groups dominate in money to state’s politicians
- Sen. Patty Murray: Budget deal will restore public trust in Congress
- State Senate majority plans to pick up where it left off last session
About this blog
Trending with readers