April 2, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Kreidler recovering from heart surgery
The Associated Press
OLYMPIA — Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler is recovering after heart surgery.
Kreidler, 69, underwent the scheduled bypass and heart valve-replacement surgery Monday at Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia. Doctors had detected a heart murmur several months ago.
Acting Chief Deputy Deb McCurley will fill in for Kreidler while he’s out. Staff says that Kreidler is doing well and is likely to be back in the office within the next few weeks.
- Anti-DUI work group: Yes to random checkpoints, no to alcohol bans
- Pedersen likely to fill Murray’s state Senate seat; Walkinshaw in line for House
- Murray heads off to mayor’s school
- Pro-coal alliance fires spokeswoman after hot mic incident
- Huge win for Seattle council districts; narrow loss for public financing
About this blog
Trending with readers