July 2, 2013 at 7:18 AM
Ed Murray gets highest rating from Muni League in mayor’s race
State Sen. Ed Murray, getting a rating of “outstanding,” topped the nine-candidate field in the Seattle mayor’s race in ratings released today by the Municipal League.
Mayor Mike McGinn and former City Councilmemeber Peter Steinbrueck were rated “very good;” City Councilmember Bruce Harrell and real-estate broker Charles Staadecker were rated “good.”
The Municipal League characterizes its ratings as nonpartisan assessments of candidates’ involvement, character, effectiveness and knowledge. Sixty volunteers spent a combined 2,000 hours evaluating 80 candidates for city, county, port and school-board positions.
For a complete list of the ratings, see www.munileagueratings.org.
- Sen. Patty Murray: Budget deal will restore public trust in Congress
- State Senate majority plans to pick up where it left off last session
- Gov. Jay Inslee named finance chair for Democratic Governors Association
- State climate panel melts down
- Anti-DUI work group: Yes to random checkpoints, no to alcohol bans
About this blog
Trending with readers