August 6, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Voters approving $396 million King County parks levy
King County voters are approving a six-year parks levy that could give the county parks department more funding than the last parks levy. Initial returns showed 69 percent approved of the measure while 31 percent rejected it.
An 18.77-cent tax per $1,000 of property value is expected to bring in $396 million that could be used to maintain and expand trails, recreational facilities and open space. The tax goes into effect in 2014, and could be subject to increases based on percentage changes in the county property index assessment each year after that.
- Gov. Jay Inslee named finance chair for Democratic Governors Association
- State climate panel melts down
- Anti-DUI work group: Yes to random checkpoints, no to alcohol bans
- Pedersen likely to fill Murray’s state Senate seat; Walkinshaw in line for House
- Murray heads off to mayor’s school
About this blog
Trending with readers