August 12, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Thomas endorses Blanford in Seattle School Board race
Olu Thomas, in third place in the three-way race for the District 5 seat on the Seattle School Board, has endorsed the frontrunner, Stephan Blanford.
In a prepared release, Thomas said Blanford has the best potential to represent the interest of the students in District 5, which includes the Central Area, Capitol Hill and parts of downtown Seattle.
Blanford thanked Thomas, saying that Thomas based her campaign on the desire for an equitable outcome for all students, and he shared that view.
Blanford won about 79 percent of the votes in the primary election, which was limited to voters in District 5. LaCrese Green, a private tutor, was second with about 12 percent, about 785 votes ahead of Thomas.
Blanford and Green advance to the general election in November, where voters citywide will choose the winner.
- Ed Murray names deputies, other high-profile hires
- Gun-rights groups dominate in money to state’s politicians
- Sen. Patty Murray: Budget deal will restore public trust in Congress
- State Senate majority plans to pick up where it left off last session
- Gov. Jay Inslee named finance chair for Democratic Governors Association
About this blog
Trending with readers