September 11, 2013 at 1:49 PM
King County Council member Gossett recovering from minor stroke
King County Metropolitan Council member Larry Gossett is recovering from a “slight stroke,” his staff said. Gossett suffered the stroke Sept. 2, and spent three days in the hospital.
He is not expected back at work until Sept. 23, on his doctor’s advice, said his chief of staff, Cindy Domingo. She said he is doing very well, and there are not expected to be residual effects from the stroke.
Gossett, 68, is chair of the council. He represents District 2, which includes the southern half of Seattle.
- 25,000 Washington residents to lose unemployment benefits this month
- Ed Murray names deputies, other high-profile hires
- Gun-rights groups dominate in money to state’s politicians
- Sen. Patty Murray: Budget deal will restore public trust in Congress
- State Senate majority plans to pick up where it left off last session
About this blog
Trending with readers