September 13, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Rep. Jim McDermott tosses salmon on ‘Colbert Report’
Rep. Jim McDermott appeared Thursday night on Comedy Central for the latest installment of comedian Stephen Colbert’s 435-part series, “Better Know a District.”
In typical fashion, Colbert asked a series of wacky questions while the Seattle Democrat played the straight man. McDermott fended off Colbert’s suggestion they make out, and appeared confused by the comedian’s reference to Sir Mix-A-Lot’s “Baby Got Back.”
Colbert: “Congressman, do you like big butts?”
McDermott: “I’m sorry…?”
Colbert: “You cannot lie, sir.”
No, a perplexed McDermott finally said, he does not like big butts.
The segment ended with an homage to the Pike Place Market, as McDermott flung a salmon to Colbert in the hallway outside his congressional office.
You can watch the full video here.
- State climate panel melts down
- Anti-DUI work group: Yes to random checkpoints, no to alcohol bans
- Pedersen likely to fill Murray’s state Senate seat; Walkinshaw in line for House
- Murray heads off to mayor’s school
- Pro-coal alliance fires spokeswoman after hot mic incident
About this blog
Trending with readers