October 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Gov. Jay Inslee plans trip to China
Gov. Jay Inslee plans to go on an overseas trade mission to China next month.
Current plans call for him to leave for Tokyo on Nov. 9 for a short stop. He plans a longer stay in China with visits to Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Shenzhen. He’s slated to be the keynote speaker at a biotechnology convention in Beijing on Nov. 12.
A trade delegation of about 40 people will also be on the trip. Inslee’s travel costs will be covered by the Host Fund of Washington, a non profit.. The Trade Development Alliance of Greater Seattle handles the fund’s administrative and support functions, said David Postman, a spokesman for the governor.
The China Daily interviewed Inslee about the upcoming trip.
- 25,000 Washington residents to lose unemployment benefits this month
- Ed Murray names deputies, other high-profile hires
- Gun-rights groups dominate in money to state’s politicians
- Sen. Patty Murray: Budget deal will restore public trust in Congress
- State Senate majority plans to pick up where it left off last session
About this blog
Trending with readers