October 31, 2013 at 5:43 AM
TVW will broadcast Tom Foley memorial in Spokane Friday
WASHINGTON — The cable channel TVW will air Friday’s public memorial service in Spokane for former Speaker Tom Foley.
The event, set to begin at 11 a.m. will be held at St. Aloysius Church near Gonzaga University. TVW will carry it live on television and stream it on the web. Gov. Jay Inslee, and Sens. Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell are expected to attend.
Foley, a Democrat who served 30 years in Congress, died at 84 on Oct. 18. He was honored at an invitation-only service Tuesday at the Capitol. President Obama, former Pres. Bill Clinton and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich were among those attending.
TVW is on Comcast ch. 25 in Spokane and Comcast ch. 23 in most of Western Washington. Other channel locations can be found here.
The Foley service will be re-broadcast next week, including at 7 p.m. Monday.
- State climate panel melts down
- Anti-DUI work group: Yes to random checkpoints, no to alcohol bans
- Pedersen likely to fill Murray’s state Senate seat; Walkinshaw in line for House
- Murray heads off to mayor’s school
- Pro-coal alliance fires spokeswoman after hot mic incident
About this blog
Trending with readers