For those of you “relaxing” this weekend by checking the interwebs every 15 minutes, we present: news and bits you may have missed over the past week.
1. More than 100 patients could be released from hospital emergency rooms later this month as the state scrambles to find long-term beds and funding to abide by a state Supreme Court ruling.
2. Tentative deal reached in grain terminal dispute, where union workers have been locked out of the Port of Vancouver for 18 months.
3. The Ballmers add $250,000 to campaign in favor of gun background checks; scant funding so far from opponents.
4. Court: State can nix public pension increases that would have cost $10 billion over 25 years.
5. Despite SPU shooter’s troubling history, the law let him have guns.
6. “If they are reading the cartoons they describe the cartoons.” – radio station for the visually impaired goes quiet.
BONUS: Interactive state-by-state map from the New York Times shows where we were born. You’ll find yourself clicking on every state, I promise. Because who hasn’t wondered about Utah? Or Rhode Island?