Busy week in the realm of politics, both in Olympia and elsewhere in the state. To recap:
1. Lawmakers heard bills that would: bring back psychiatric boarding, open the Woodland Park Zoo to public-records and open-meetings laws and ban whale captivity.
2. And abortion foes pushed parental notification and personhood bills.
3. Meanwhile, industrial hemp got state Senate approval.
4. Seattle tent-city residents raised concerns about proposed legislation.
6. Sen. Pam Roach berated people in a public hearing who contributed to her opponent .
7. State lawmakers held two-days of public hearings on marijuana reform bills.
8. Commutes and home prices – surprise! – rank high in Seattle affordability survey.
9. Tom Rasmussen and Kshama Sawant at bottom of Seattle City Council attendance.
10. Gov. Jay Inslee is a student of California’s carbon-cap lessons.
12. Worries about religious hospitals snag WSU medical-school bill.
14. Lawmakers consider statewide rules on Uber, Lyft.