The big Olympia news this week was that Republicans and Democrats in the state Senate came together on the beginnings for an agreement on a statewide transportation package. That and other doings:
1. State Senate transportation plan includes phasing in new gas tax.
2. Meanwhile, GOP senators introduce bill that would ban money for Bertha tunnel cost overruns.
3. Lawmaker called on to retract remarks about Muslim group.
4. Navy crew that rushed to Oso landslide honored in Olympia.
5. Promising new hepatitis C drugs come at high cost to state.
7. Lawmakers air their own beefs with ethics investigations.
8. Federal lawmakers push for end to West Coast port strife.
10. GOP lawmaker denies global warming as Inslee climate bill advances.
11. Lawmakers consider ways to improve mental-health services.
12. WSU to lawmakers: medical school won’t face religious limits.
13. Patty Murray resurrects bill for paid sick days.
14. Gun regulation activists lobby for new legislation in Olympia.
15. And just south of the border, Oregon Gov. John Kitzhaber resigns.