March 5, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Checking up on the Hogwarts crew
Seeing Daniel Radcliffe singing and dancing so charmingly at the Oscars (hey, why wasn’t he hosting?) made me wonder what those grown-up kids from everyone’s favorite wizard franchise are up to. Turns out they all have some news:
– Radcliffe is in talks to play Igor in a new version of “Frankenstein,” written by Max Landis (“Chronicle”). He also plays Allan Ginsberg in the Beat drama “Kill Your Darlings,” out later this year.
– Emma Watson, who’ll be seen this summer in Sofia Coppola’s “The Bling Ring,” is in talks to play the title character in a new, dark re-imagining of “Cinderella,” with Cate Blanchett as the stepmother (ooh) and Kenneth Branagh directing.
– Rupert Grint has signed to star in a new CBS comedy pilot, “Super Clyde.” His character is described by the Hollywood Reporter as: “an avid comic book reader considers himself a borderline agoraphobic with mild-to-severe anxiety issues who wishes he were a superhero himself.” No air date announced yet.
And, just so you can all go “Awwww . . . . ”
(Photo courtesy of Warner Bros.)
- Meanwhile, over at Cannes . . .
- An acting note from Meryl Streep — to Benedict Cumberbatch
- Today’s diversion: ‘The Great Catsby’
- ‘Star Trek’ villains, and ‘Into the Woods’ news
- ‘Downton Abbey’ back Jan. 5
Trending with readers