March 5, 2013 at 2:05 PM
New project — and more football — for TJ Martin
Seattle native TJ Martin, who won an Oscar last year for the football documentary “Undefeated,” has a new project underway: He and “Undefeated” co-director Dan Lindsay will direct a drama tentatively titled “Jesse Holley,” about the NFL wide receiver who overcame a difficult childhood and found his way to pro football via a reality show. Randy Brown, who wrote last year’s Clint Eastwood film “Trouble with the Curve,” is writing the screenplay, and the project has already been acquired by Sony Pictures. This will be Martin and Lindsay’s narrative film debut; congratulations to them.
- Meanwhile, over at Cannes . . .
- An acting note from Meryl Streep — to Benedict Cumberbatch
- Today’s diversion: ‘The Great Catsby’
- ‘Star Trek’ villains, and ‘Into the Woods’ news
- ‘Downton Abbey’ back Jan. 5
Trending with readers