Got sequels on the brain this morning? The movie industry does. (Beats talking about how the cast of “Spring Breakers” used to be in Disney films and it’s all so SHOCKING, right? Anyone else sick of reading about that?)
– Danny Boyle (currently making the press rounds for “Trance,” opening next month) says he’d like to do a twenty-year-anniversary sequel to his 1996 “Trainspotting,” adapting author Irvine Walsh’s sequel “Porno” for the screen — and reunite the original cast, including Ewan McGregor.
– Nobody wants to make a sequel to “The Simpsons.” At least for another “10, 15 years.”
– The remake of “Evil Dead,” opening in April, already has a sequel in the works.
– “Days of Future Past,” the latest X-Men sequel (and yes, I just furrowed my brow a bit over that title) will re-unite X-people old and new: James MacAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult from “X-Men; First Class,” as well as Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan, Ellen Page, Anna Paquin and Shawn Ashmore from the original “X-Men, plus newcomers Peter Dinklage and Omar Sy. Oh, and Halle Berry’s coming back too.
– And yes, “Oz the Great and Powerful” is getting a sequel. Maybe with Dorothy, but no ruby slippers.