This may be a slow time of the NFL season, but it’s far from listless. Instead, it’s the time of year when there are lists galore, of best this and top that, as NFL writers try to fill the void.
One list of the Top 100 Players in the NFL comes today from CBSSports.com’s Pete Prisco.
Six Seahawks made the list — you can read what they said about the players below:
9. Richard Sherman, CB, Seattle Seahawks: He is cocky, brash and plays with a nasty edge. Oh, he can also cover. He had eight picks and led the league with 32 passes defended. He’s damn good. Just ask him.
51. Earl Thomas, S, Seattle Seahawks: He is the centerfielder on a good defense, showing off both range and the ability to tackle. He is just now getting to his prime.
82. Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks: Despite his size, he showed in his rookie season that he has what it takes to be a top-level quarterback. It’s early, but he gets it.
86. Russell Okung, T, Seattle Seahawks: He is the anchor of the Seattle line, the guy who protects Russell Wilson’s backside. He is coming off his best season.
87. Marshawn Lynch, RB, Seattle Seahawks: He had 1,590 yards and averaged 5 yards per rush. He is a big reason why Seattle made the playoffs.
97. Percy Harvin, WR, Seattle Seahawks: He is an explosive playmaker when he’s on the field. But he’s had trouble staying there and his per-catch average of 10.9 needs to be better.