With the second home game of the season now a little over 48 hours away, the Seahawks have sent out another reminder that fans should get to the stadium early to avoid some of the possible delays.
Here’s the release with details:
RENTON, Wash. – The Seahawks encourage fans to plan ahead and arrive early to avoid possible traffic congestion for Thursday’s Seahawks versus Raiders preseason game at CenturyLink Field. Touchdown City, located in the CenturyLink Field Event Center, opens at 4 p.m., gates open at 5 p.m. and kickoff is at 7 p.m. Game day activities and information is outlined below.
1. NFL Bag Policy
Seahawks fans may carry only the following style and size bag, package, or container into CenturyLink Field, CenturyLink Field Event Center (home of Touchdown City) or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry.
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options
- Fans with medical equipment are encouraged to enter the stadium through the West Gate on Occidental Avenue or the southeast concourse located on the second floor of the Event Center garage.
- Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags, or any bag larger than the permissible size. Fans will continue to be able to carry permitted items into the stadium, such as binoculars, cameras, and smart phones.
For more information visit NFL.com/ALLCLEAR.
2. Transportation Options
There are plenty of transportation options for fans to access CenturyLink Field. Visit the team’s transportation guide at http://www.seahawks.com/gameday/transportation-guide/index.html.
3. The American Family Insurance Touchdown City opens at 4 p.m. and admission is free.
Touchdown City features two 13′x24′ large high definition/high resolution screens to create a theater style atmosphere so fans can catch other NFL game day action.
- Face and hair painting
- Interactive inflatable games and contests
- Sea Gals autograph booth
- Seahawks Pro Shop kiosks
- Appearances by Blitz and Taima
- 710 ESPN Entertainment Zone featuring live reports and pregame analysis
- Season long food and beverage specials including $5 beers and $3 hot dogs
- Melanoma Exposed™ Booth
A team of licensed dermatologists from Virginia Mason Medical Center will be conducting free skin cancer screenings. All fans that get screened will be eligible to win autographed Max Unger memorabilia, courtesy of the Seahawks.
4. Spirit of 12 Partners will be selling programs
Help support Treehouse by picking up a Gameday Magazine for $3 this Saturday. All proceeds raised will be matched 100% by the Paul G. Allen Family Foundation.
For more information visit Seahawks.com.