Here’s our weekly wrapup of all the links from Pro Football Focus related to the game, as well as some interesting stats and notes about the matchup.
– To start things off, here’s some helpful info about their Signature Stats.
– Here is their Three to Focus On preview of the game against the 49ers.
– No Seahawks on the PFF Team of the Week, but the 49ers’ Anquan Boldin made it.
– Nobody in this week’s matchup from our Had a Bad Day Team, but an interesting reading nonetheless.
– See what Nathan Jahnke noticed about Marshawn Lynch in this week’s 32 Observations.
– Steve Palazzolo’s Race for Rookie of the Year takes a look at some early frontrunners.
– A few notes on 49ers Eric Reid in Khaled Elsayed’s First-Rounders In Focus.
– Following week one, our Power Rankings have the 49ers number one and Seahawks number three.
– Five out of eight analysts picked Seattle over San Francisco in this week’s PFF Pick ’em.
Upcoming Opponent: San Francisco 49ers
– Colin Kaepernick went 8-for-10 with 122 yards and 2 TD when using play action last week.
– Kaepernick went deep nine times in week 1 (most in the league), finishing 3-for-9 with 87 yards, 1 TD, and a drop.
– Frank Gore gained just 30 yards after contact in 21 carries.
– Anquan Boldin’s 13 catches for 208 yards came on 16 targets.
– Aldon Smith racked up 2 sacks (1.5 officially, we count half sacks as full), 2 hits, and 4 hurries.
– Nnamdi Asomugha was targeted 9 times. He gave up 4 catches for 63 yards and a TD, all against Jordy Nelson.
– Carlos Rogers allowed 4 catches for 79 yards.
– Anquan Boldin currently leads NFL receivers in our Yards per Route Run stat at 5.07.
– Boldin caught 7 passes for 114 yards from the slot.
– San Francisco missed 7 tackles last week.
– The 49ers O-line ranked third best in Pass Blocking Efficiency last week at 87.8. (Seattle was tenth at 81.1)