As will become a custom to pass along in this space the day after the game, here’s the breakdown from Pro Football Focus.
As you can read, lots of kudos for the defense — enough so that PFF decided to give the game ball to the entire defense.
Here are a few other notes from PFF on the game:
- Only one offensive player graded in the green (+1.0 or better). That was J.R. Sweezy.
- Paul McQuistan was beaten for two sacks and four hurries in relief of Russell Okung.
- After a quality performance last week, Derrick Coleman disappointed this week as a run blocker.
- Jermaine Kearse played 27 snaps, of which 22 were running plays.
- Russell Wilson threw just 8-of-16 aimed passes on target; a 50% Accuracy Percentage. This after 84.4% a week ago.
- On the four plays where Wilson was blitzed, he went 3-for-4 passing with 27 yards and a TD, good for a QB Rating of 132.3
- The Seahawks had the most success rushing off right guard (Sweezy), gaining 50 yards on ten attempts.
- Eleven different Seahawk defenders graded in the green this game. This is extremely rare.
- As a team, Seattle hurried Colin Kaepernick 17 times (in addition to 3 sacks and 2 hits).
- Michael Bennett recorded a sack, a QB hit, four hurries, and three stops in his 42 snaps.
- Colin Kaepernick was under pressure on 18 of the 49ers 35 pass plays. On those plays, he went 3-for-11 with 50 yards and an interception. His QB Rating when pressured was 8.1.
- Without pressure, Kaepernick’s QB Rating was still a paltry 30.4.
- Like Wilson, Kaepernick had the most success when blitzed, going 3-for-4 with 45 passing yards and a 111.5 QB Rating.
- Walter Thurmond allowed two catches in four targets, but only 15 yards. He broke up two passes.
- Richard Sherman allowed two catches for 26 yards in his six targets, also recording an interception.
- Bobby Wagner had a forgettable day in coverage, giving up six receptions for 66 yards in eight targets.
- Seattle’s team Pass Blocking Efficiency for week 2 was just 53.8, the worst performance in the league so far this season (San Francisco wasn’t much better at 60.7).
- Three Seahawks cracked the top five in Pass Rush Productivity this week among 4-3 defensive ends (Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril, Red Bryant).
- Bennett and Bryant also occupy two of the top three spots in Run Stop Percentage for the week.
- Byron Maxwell ranked third best in Cover Snaps per Target this week, as he was targeted just once in his 19 cover snaps.
- K.J. Wright did not allow any completions across his 34 snaps in Coverage.