Here is the weekly review of the game from Pro Football Focus:
Seahawks PFF Gradebook – Week 3 JAX @ SEA
Bobby Wagner gets the PFF game ball in this week’s refocused JAX @ SEA.
- Luke Willson performed well as a receiver and a blocker on his way to a +3.6 grade in 36 snaps.
- Both Golden Tate (39 YAC) and Sidney Rice (tough catches) graded well in the passing game. Neither dropped a pass.
- Backup tackle Michael Bowie mowed down Jaguars defenders in the run game.
- Russell Okung’s replacement Paul McQuistan struggled mightily in the run game, and had his troubles pass blocking as well.
- Russell Wilson when blitzed vs. JAX: 7-for-8, 79 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 1 sack, 148.3 QB Rating.
- Tarvaris Jackson overall vs. JAX: 7-for-8, 129 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, perfect QB Rating (158.3).
- Excellent team effort as the Seahawks collectively piled up 122 yards after contact and 12 forced missed tackles on their 36 rushes.
- Four different Seahawks forced at least 2 missed tackles. (Marshawn Lynch and Christine Michael: 4 each, Tate and Robert Turbin: 2 each).
- Chris Clemons made his return with 15 snaps as a situational pass rusher. He notched a hit and 2 hurries in 14 pass rushes en route to a positive grade.
- Brandon Mebane was stout against the run, grading +2.2 in that area and making 3 stops.
- Michael Bennett’s overall game would have been fantastic if not for 2 penalties. In his 57 snaps, he made a positive impact in the running game and pressured Chad Henne frequently (6 times total).
- Bobby Wagner rebounded from last week with an excellent showing including 4 stops and a diving interception.
- Quiet day for Cliff Avril, who had just 2 hurries in 34 pass rushing opportunities and did not make any stops.
- On the 11 pass plays which Seattle blitzed Chad Henne, the result was 3-of-8 passing for 26 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, and 3 sacks. QB Rating: 7.3.
- Brandon Browner was targeted 5 times in his first game back from injury, resulting in 2 completions for 11 yards and 1 pass defended.
- Richard Sherman allowed just 2 catches for 16 yards into his coverage on 5 targets.
- Michael Morgan gave up 90 yards on 3-for-3 passing, much of it on the strength of a 59 yards catch and run by Cecil Shorts.
- Through 3 weeks, Russell Wilson ranks 3rd best in our PFF QB Rating at 101.72.
- Beast Mode has not fully activated yet, as Lynch ranks 32nd of 43 qualifying running backs in Yards After Contact Per Attempt with 1.84. (2.77 last season)
- Seattle’s offensive line has moved up to 21st in the league collectively in Pass Blocking Efficiency at 75.0.
- Michael Bennett’s 15.0 Pass Rushing Productivity is good for 4th in the league among 4-3 ends.
- NFL QB Rating when throwing at Richard Sherman: 30.1 (3rd best among corners).