Here’s some of the weekly content from Pro Football Focus on the Seahawks and previewing their game:
On the site this week:
– Luke Willson and Bobby Wagner both crack the PFF Team of the Week.
– No Seahawks on the Had a Bad Day Team, but Jacksonville’s John Cyprien gets a “dishonorable mention” for his performance against Seattle.
– Although not in the top 10, Luke Willson gets a mention in the Race for the Rookie of the Year.
– An interesting Russell Wilson stat comes up in 32 Observations.
– Seattle holds at number two in the Power Rankings.
– Even more love for Luke Willson in our Secret Superstars column.
– Six of eight analysts picked the Seahawks to beat the Texans this week in the PFF Pick’em.
PFF Seahawks Stats:
– Russell Wilson’s Deep Ball Accuracy Percentage of 70.0% ranks second best in the league.
– Doug Baldwin has caught 9-of-11 targets for 177 yards and a TD. Seattle QBs have a 149.1 passer rating when throwing in his direction.
– Paul McQuistan’s 87.3 Pass Blocking Efficiency ranks 3rd worst among tackles.
– Seattle’s defense has missed only 14 tackles on the season. No player has missed more than two.
– Earl Thomas has allowed just 0.14 Yards per Cover Snap, good for 4th best among safeties.
Upcoming Opponent: Houston Texans
– Ben Tate leads all NFL running backs in Elusive Rating at 113.4.
– Andre Johnson has caught 25 passes without a single drop this season.
– J.J. Watt and Antonio Smith rank 4th and 5th in Pass Rush Productivity among 3-4 DEs with marks of 12.2 and 11.8 respectively.
– Whitney Mercilus and Brooks Reed have each recorded nine tackles without missing any.
– Kareem Jackson has allowed just 0.50 Yards Per Cover Snap. That puts him 6th best among cornerbacks, just ahead of Darrelle Revis.