Here are a few more notes, stats and observations on the Seattle-Indianapolis game from Pro Football Focus.
– Golden Tate led the Seahawks skill position players in snaps, playing 67-of-71.
– Derrick Coleman played a season-low 8 snaps after 20+ snaps in each of the previous three weeks.
– Lemuel Jeanpierre struggled to replace Max Unger’s run blocking, earning a -2.1 grade in that regard.
– Russell Wilson struggled to connect on throws further than 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage, completing just 3-of-13.
– On plays with no pressure from the pass rush, Wilson 11-of-17 for 150 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, and a QB Rating of 132.0.
– Marshawn Lynch forced 9 missed tackles and piled up 53 yards after contact en route to a 17-carry, 102-yard day.
– Russell Wilson carried 4 times for 11 yards on designed runs, but had 9 scrambles for 91 yards.
–Bruce Irvin played 37 snaps in his return and made 2 stops (including a sack), along with 2 hurries.
– Chris Clemons, Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril played relatively even amounts, with 46, 40, and 39 snaps respectively.
– Both Bobby Wagner and K.J. Wright had a difficult time defending the run.
– Brandon Mebane continued to be a force against the run with 2 stops in just 14 run snaps and a positive grade. Jordan Hill contributed as well with 2 stops in 9 snaps against the run.
– Earl Thomas did allow 3 catches on 3 targets, but they only went for 7 total yards.
– Richard Sherman was burned for a 73-yard TD by T.Y. Hilton, part of the 94 yards on 3 receptions (5 targets) that Sherman gave up.
– Andrew Luck connected on 2-of-3 deep passes (over 20 yards downfield in the air) for 102 yards. Both went for TDs to T.Y. Hilton.
– Luck was under pressure on just 10 of his 33 dropbacks. His QB Rating under pressure: 69.9. Without pressure: 114.8.
– Russell Wilson was just 1-of-12 passing when taking 2.6 seconds or longer to throw.
– Marshawn Lynch has the best Elusive Rating of the Week, at 155.9.
– Seattle’s offensive line currently ranks 3rd from the bottom in Pass Blocking Efficiency for the week at 61.9.
– Chris Clemons ranks 4th among 4-3 DEs for the week in Pass Rushing Productivity with a score of 14.1.
– In 26 Coverage Snaps, Bobby Wagner did not allow a catch (2 targets).