Here’s a bit more from Pro Football Focus reviewing Thursday’s win at Arizona:
Russell Wilson, Michael Bennett, and the Legion of Boom highlight this week’s Refocused.
- Zach Miller returned to a full workload, playing 53 snaps and excelling as a receiver.
- Seattle came out with two TEs relatively often, giving Luke Willson 34 snaps, and another seven for Kellen Davis.
- Derrick Coleman saw only nine snaps, as Seattle almost exclusively used one-back sets.
- Marshawn Lynch handled 21 carries in his 53 snaps, while Robert Turbin saw three carries in 13 snaps.
- Russell Wilson was excellent under pressure, going 8-of-13 for 128 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, and a 134.0 QB Rating.
- Wilson found great success with the deep ball, completing 3-of-4 passes traveling over 20 yards beyond the line of scrimmage for 78 yards and 2 TDs.
- Marshawn Lynch powered through would-be tacklers all game, gaining 80 of his 91 rushing yards after contact and forcing eight missed tackles.
- Russell Wilson ran four times for 27 yards off the edges, while his other four carries (two scrambles, a QB sneak, and a kneeldown) totaled two yards.
- As a team, the Seahawks forced 10 missed tackles in the running game and 12 total.
- Great game for Zach Miller, as he caught all five of his targets for 40 yards and a TD.
- Golden Tate often got the better of Patrick Peterson, catching four passes for 77 yards on six targets.
- Only one dropped pass in the game for Seattle.
- Twelve different defenders graded in the green (+1.1 or better), and Seattle missed just two tackles.
- Seattle pressured Carson Palmer all day, recording seven sacks, six QB hits, and 26 hurries.
- Michael Bennett had the best pass rushing day, with a sack, two hits, and five hurries.
- Very good day for Red Bryant as both a run stuffer and pass rusher.
- Malcolm Smith saw 65 snaps with Wagner out and made a positive impact against the run, in coverage, and also recorded a sack.
- Earl Thomas allowed just 11 yards in 59 cover snaps (one reception in three targets).
- Despite allowing 5-of-6 targets to be complete for 47 yards, Richard Sherman achieved a very high coverage grade. He also knocked away two passes.
- After a great start to the season in coverage, K.J. Wright has been absolutely torched the last two weeks. This week he gave up eight catches on eight targets for 79 yards, including 56 after the catch.
- Russell Wilson has used Play Action on 39.0% of all pass plays, by far the highest rate in the league. Wilson also has a 6:1 TD to INT ratio when using Play Action.
- Marshawn Lynch has steamrolled his way to 2nd among running backs in Elusive Rating at 69.6.
- Of 51 qualifying 4-3 defensive ends, Seattle has three of the top four in Pass Rush Productivity in O’Brien Schoefield, Michael Bennett, and Chris Clemons.
- Walter Thurmond allows the 10th fewest Yards per Cover Snap in the slot at 0.81 (37 qualifiers).