Here’s the weekly preview of the Seahawks game from Pro Football Focus.
And here are a few more links, notes and stats from PFFL
- Marshawn Lynch and Richard Sherman make it onto the PFF Team of Week 7, while a multitude of Seahawks receive Honorable Mentions.
- K.J. Wright gets a ‘dishonorable mention’ on the Had a Bad Day Team.
- Check out how Red Bryant has improved upon last year’s play in this week’s 32 Observations.
- In our first Pro Bowl Cheat Sheet edition of the year, four different Seahawks make the squad.
- Seattle slides back into the 2nd spot in our Power Rankings.
- Malcolm Smith gets some exposure in the Secret Superstar series.
- Bobby Wagner shows up in our Signature Stats: Run Stop Percentage, ILBs.
PFF Seahawks Stats
- So far this season, Golden Tate has caught 28-of-29 catchable passes, good for the 7th best Drop Rate (only 3.57%) among wide receivers.
- Seattle’s offensive line has improved its pass blocking a bit in recent weeks, moving up to 25th in the league in Pass Blocking Efficiency at 72.6.
- Malcolm Smith has stepped up his play along with his increased playing time, now up to 7th among 4-3 OLBs in Run Stop Percentage at 9.0%. Smith also has yet to miss a tackle from scrimmage this season.
- Quarterbacks have a rating of just 26.4 when throwing into the coverage of Earl Thomas. They’ve gone 9-of-15 for 50 yards, with 0 TD, and 4 INT.
Upcoming Opponent: St. Louis Rams
- St. Louis will miss the accuracy of Sam Bradford, whose 74.7 Accuracy Percentage ranked 8th best in the league.
- Brian Quick has dropped four of 13 catchable targets. His 30.77 Drop Rate is the 2nd worst in the league among 94 qualifying wide receivers.
- Scott Wells currently boasts the best Pass Blocking Efficiency of all NFL centers at 99.1.
- Robert Quinn continues to lead all 4-3 DEs in Pass Rush Productivity with a mark of 15.2. He has racked up 38 combined pressures (sacks, hits, and hurries) in 199 pass rush snaps.