As always on Monday, here is the Pro Football Focus official review of the Seahawks-Tampa Bay game.
And here are a few additional notes:
– Doug Baldwin was on the field for 54-of-63 snaps this week, while Golden Tate played 55 and Jermaine Kearse played 38.
– Max Unger was having his best game of the season before exiting with a concussion. He didn’t allow any pressure in the passing game, and finally showed last season’s form in run blocking.
– Michael Bowie did not allow any pressure while playing every snap at right tackle.
– J.R. Sweezy struggled when facing Gerald McCoy, getting beaten for two hits and two hurries, and allowing McCoy to be a disruptive force in general.
– Russell Wilson did his best work when blitzed on Sunday, completing 8-of-10 passes for 147 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, with a 152.1 QB Rating.
– When not blitzed, Wilson went 11-of-16 for 70 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, and a 58.9 QB Rating.
– Wilson completed all seven of his passes that traveled more than 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Those completions went for 139 yards and a TD.
– Another big game for Marshawn Lynch, as he racked up 125 yards on 21 carries, including seven forced missed tackles and 56 yards after contact.
– Robert Turbin spelled Lynch effectively, gaining 37 yards on eight carries, with 22 yards after contact.
– Russell Wilson also ran well, with 36 yards on six attempts with a TD, including 51 yards after contact due to avoiding two potential sacks and scrambling for chunks of yardage.
– Doug Baldwin was targeted a season-high 10 times. Although he had his first drop of the season, he also caught six passes for 75 yards and the game-tying TD, in addition to a beautiful diving catch along the sideline.
– Jermaine Kearse saw just two targets, but caught both for 43 yards and scored a TD. Wilson had a perfect QB Rating when throwing to Kearse.
– Nightmare of a game for Red Bryant, grading very poorly in run defense, negatively in pass rushing, and committing two penalties.
– Earl Thomas also graded poorly in run defense, and he missed three tackles on Sunday.
– Tony McDaniel on the other hand was stout against the run, making four stops and achieving his highest grade of the season.
– In just 16 pass rush snaps, Michael Bennett managed to rack up a sack, a hit, and three hurries.
– Earl Thomas gave up more yardage in this game (62 yards) than he had in the entire first half of the season (50 yards). Thomas was beaten twice for TDs, but also had his good moments in coverage.
– Bobby Wagner and K.J. Wright gave up a combined 10-of-10 for 83 yards and a TD in coverage.
– Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner were targeted just three times combined, and allowed only two catches for 14 yards between them.
– Mike Glennon went 13-of-13 for 95 yards when throwing less than 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.
– Golden Tate’s 71 yard punt return set the Seahawks up nicely, and earned him a positive grade.
– Russell Wilson was on point with most of his throws and had an 80.0 Accuracy Percentage.
– Michael Bennett’s Pass Rush Productivity of 25.0 this game pushes his mark for the season up to 15.5, which leads all 4-3 DEs in the league.