Here are the weekly notes and links from Pro Football Focus previewing the upcoming Seahawks game:
On the site this week:
– Marshawn Lynch makes the PFF Team of Week 10, while Golden Tate and Brandon Mebane each received honorable mentions.
– No Seahawks on the Had a Bad Day team last week, which is always a good thing.
– Right tackle Michael Bowie turns up on the ‘five to watch’ list in the Race for Rookie of the Year.
– Marshawn Lynch, Richard Sherman, Earl Thomas, and Golden Tate all made it onto the PFF Pro Bowl Cheat Sheet.
– A little piece of info about Russell Wilson’s drop-back is revealed in this week’s 32 Observations.
– Yet again, the Seahawks remain number two in the Power Rankings.
– Jermaine Kearse gets some special teams love in The Third Phase.
– Check back later for Palazzolo’s Pitch and the Three to Focus On preview for this week’s game.
PFF Seahawks Stats
– Russell Wilson currently has the 5th best PFF QB Rating in the league at 91.82. Only Peyton, Rodgers, Rivers, and Brees sit ahead of him.
– The Seahawks offensive line has steadily improved their pass blocking. They now rank 22nd in the league with a Pass Blocking Efficiency of 74.5.
– Bobby Wagner ranks 8th among inside linebackers in Pass Rush Productivity with a mark of 16.3.
– Richard Sherman is now the 2nd least targeted cornerback in the league (behind Darrelle Revis). Opponents target Sherman only once every 8.8 cover snaps.
Upcoming Opponent: Minnesota Vikings
– Christian Ponder’s PFF QB Rating of 78.17 places him 29th of 36 qualifying quarterbacks.
– Adrian Peterson leads all running backs in Elusive Rating at 82.2, as well as Yards After Contact per Attempt at 3.31.
– Chad Greenway has struggled with his tackling, missing a tackle every 6.1 attempts. That number puts him in 28th place among 35 qualifying 4-3 outside linebackers in Tackling Efficiency.
– Josh Robinson has been torched in coverage this season. Opposing QBs are 55-of-64 for 706 yards, with 3 TDs and 0 INTs when throwing in his direction.